Saturday 18 December 2010

Finger puppet future

It's been a bad week or so for me. Trapping your finger in a big large format printer is not recommended at all.
Well that's what I did, if your abit squeamish don't read on...
Somehow I managed to get my ring finger trapped in the big front rollers of the printer.



I think I was trying to stop the material from falling on the floor when I must of glanced away for a split second. In that time my finger was rolling into the printer. My reaction was to pull my finger out, which took me two attempts. When maybe thinking afterwards, the emergency stop might of been a better option. Yet my instinct was to pull my finger out.
After a trip to the hospital The outcome of this was: it ripped the whole of my finger nail out and fractured my finger.



So it gets bandaged up and I'm sent on my way. Then to the fracture clinic I go. Then on goes a splint to protect my finger.



Back to the hospital every week now into next year. Pain killers are a great help but trying to sleep is a nightmare, can't get comfy, wake after knocking it also the wife catching it.
So will the nail grow back at all?
Will my finger be deformed?
Will it work properly again?
Or will it be completely fine?

If it's not, finger puppetry is the next job for me!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment