Sunday 7 October 2012

Tarnished Heroes

One time hero & legend Jimmy Saville is currently being accused of being a sex pest. Many years ago I so wanted to sit and Jimmy's lap with a "Jim'll fixed it for me" medal round my neck..... How wrong I was! I can't remember what exactly I wanted him to fix for me, maybe something like going in a race car or walking on water.

It makes me wonder how many of my childhood favourites could turn out to be something I didn't expect.

What next? George from Rainbow turns out to be gay! Surely that couldn't happen? That pink hippo just knew what was in fashion, loved anything pink and just was in touch with his feminine side. I can't remember if he did wear make-up the odd time.

What next? Gordon the Gopher, was just Philip Schofields pimp? After each show Gordon would venture out and offer Phil out to various bored housewives to help pay for Gordon's coke addiction.

 

What next? "Bobby the banana" is just a sex toy! No more info needed.

What next? Mr Benn, turns out he was a cross-dresser and also a benefit cheat? using various disguises to claim various benefits using different identities to collect thousands of pounds.

What next? He-Man was just filling himself up with steroids and loved dressing in tight leather clothes. Enjoying nights in G.A.Y offering to show off his magical sword.

Let's just hope that these and only these are the only shame of the 80's.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment