Saturday 30 July 2011

Please no more ice cream

Last weekend I spent the Sunday in a park with FREE ice cream!
Not just any ice-cream but Ben & Jerry's ice cream.
It was the first Ben & Jerry's festival in Manchester. For all of £17 this included great bands, a mini farm, games, activities and all you can eat ice cream!
I had 20 Ben & Jerry's flavours to choose from from, I sadly couldn't do all of them, i wanted to but just couldn't. Strawberry cheese cake, cookie dough and chunky monkey were a few of my favourites.



The bands playing were a couple of small bands to start with, then Steve Craddock. Plus we also saw on the acoustic stage a great female singer called "she makes war" definitely one to watch out for.

Next on was Ash who just happen to be my all time favourite band since way back in 1994. Hit singles "girl from mars", "Kung Fu and "Angel Interceptor" really started it off for them in 1996 and they're still going strong now as they showed by their performance on the day playing a variation of mainly classics with a few new songs thrown in.




Fun lovin' Criminals were next on. A band who I've once seen playing in Oldham town centre on a Sunday afternoon, yes Oldham town centre.
They always play a great set and with the hot sun out you almost felt you were in the states watching them.

The headline act was Ocean Colour Scene, who like Ash have been around for a good few years. Yet again another great band. A nice end to the evening with the sun going down listening to some great anthems.





I just hope they do it again next year, I'll stay off food a few days before then try and eat all 20 flavours next time.

Plus I got sun burnt, even in Manchester you can get sun burnt!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone




Location:Manchester

1 comment: